1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
5 ounces of apricot jam, plus extra for glaze if desired
1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, lightly beaten for egg wash parchment paper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the sheet of pastry from the freezer to soften for 30 minutes.
2. Peel the apples thoroughly and remove the cores.
3. Fill the cavity of each apple with jam.
4. Line the jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
5. Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 square pieces, leaving enough extra to top each apple with a small pastry square or round.
6. Wrap each square around 1 apple by lifting the corners and joining them in the center with a twist. Cover the top with a piece of pastry.
7. Brush the pastries with the egg wash. Place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Optional Touch: When the pastries have cooled, brush them with additional apricot jam that has been boiled with a little water until the jam melts, about 3 to 4 minutes.