THE CROWN JEWELS OF ITALY TOUR
MAY 25, 2020 TO JUNE 6, 2020
This all inclusive tour covers Italian regions of remarkable culture and energy, which has produced great opera stars, composers, conductors, entertainers, film makers, painters, writers and fashion icons!
The Emilia-Romagna’s cities routinely rank near the top of the national listings for quality of life, and the people of Emilia know how to live! Once you taste the food of the region you will want to live there too! Italians universally acknowledge the cuisine of this region to be the country’s best. Each town and all of the major cities have their own specialties so our journey will allow us to taste new foods every day!
Five Star Luxury Hotels:
- Hotel Gabbia D’Oro, Venice
- Hotel Corona D’Oro, Bologna
- Superior Palazzo Bauer, with deluxe accommodations overlooking the Grand Canal
Sightseeing with entrance fees paid, local guides and headsets as follows:
- 1/2 day walking tour of Verona, the medieval town of the eternal lovers Romeo and Juliet, including visits to the Arena and Scaligeri Tombs, Giulietta Balconi and Piazza delle Erbe
- Sightseeing in Mantova with entrance to the Camera degli Sposi and Palazzo del te
- Sightseeing in Parma including the theatre and Cathedral
- Sightseeing in Bologna including entrance to the Santo Stefano and the oldest University in the world founded in 1069, a treasure of Baroque, Gothic and Renaissance Art
- Visit to the Acetaia San Giorgio, one the oldest and finest producers of aged Balsamico
- Excursions to Palma and afternoon walking tour
- Sightseeing in Ferrara including the Castle
- Venice including the Doge Palace and Saint Mark’s Basilica, or explore the Getto and other interesting sites
Meals, Tastings, Cooking Classes, Miscellaneous:
- Welcome dinner in Verona with drinks included on day of arrival
- Wine tasting in Verona at 12 Apostoli
- 12 Apostoli dinner with drinks included
- Lunch on the lake in Mantova, which is famous for its unique cuisine, with drinks included
- Market shopping and cooking lesson with lunch in Bologna, preparing the best dishes of the area
- Private Visit to a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese making “factory”.
- Dinner in Bologna at the famous and very special Il Pappagallo Restaurant
- Acetaia in Modena San Giorgio visit and tastings of vinegars that have aged 30 to 50 years
- Light Lunch in Modena
- Lambrusco Wine roads tour, including visit and tasting
- Dinner with drinks in Bologna at a local restaurant
- Second Cooking lesson and lunch in Parma, with the most incredible food in the area
- Dinner with drinks included the first night in Venice included
- Farewell Dinner in Venice at the Palazzo Bauer Grand Canal
The tour price includes the following Services:
- Full time bus included from day of arrival to June 2nd, with air conditioning and wifi.
- Tour leader, Daniela Masini, throughout the entire tour from the day of arrival to the day of departure.
- City tax included.
- Transfer by private boat to Venice on June 2nd and on the day of departure to the airport on June 5th
- Porters and Trasbagagli - 2 pieces of luggage per persons
For more information contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203 762-0768