Sally Maraventano presents her
58th Tour of Italy
September 23 – September 29, 2012
“Cooking with the Tuscan Chef”
Chef Valter Roman in Lucca
Join Sally Maraventano for a weeklong hands-on cooking program at a stunning villa in Tuscany. In addition to the 5 cooking classes, kitchen studies are enhanced and complimented by visits to markets, vineyards and an all-day special excursion to Siena and the Tuscan countryside.
For more information, please call 203-762-0768 or email email@example.com
Limited to 8 participants
- Transfers to the Palazzo in Lucca for arrival at around midday for a welcome buffet lunch where you will meet your hosts & cooking colleagues.
- Time to settle in and relax before the first hands-on cooking lesson and preparation of dinner.
- Welcome aperitivi and orientation followed by dinner
- After a coffee and a pastry, take an early morning stroll around the Walls of Lucca (two and a half miles) before returning to the kitchen for a lunchtime cooking lesson - Pasta and its Sauces.
- After lunch take a chef’s tour of Lucca visiting gourmet suppliers and producers for tastings and stop for a wine tasting in the cellars of Enoteca Vanni before dinner in the centre of town.
- 7:30-8:30 breakfast
- After breakfast, depart for a day in Siena (a 1hr and 45 minute journey) where you can either join in our guided walking tour of the city centre with entry to the beautiful marbled Duomo or spend some time on your own exploring the city.
- Lunch in one of the local restaurants.
- After lunch an afternoon stroll around the fortress walled village of Monteriggioni.
- Return to Lucca where a Tuscan buffet supper has been prepared for you.
- Breakfast available before a Chef’s tour of the bustling market town of Pistoia to choose fresh produce for a kitchen challenge where students and chefs work together to prepare a buffet lunch with items found at the market.
- Lunch followed by free time to relax and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Palazzo or a walk to town on your own.
- Hands-on cooking lesson and preparation of a BBQ dinner with an introduction to Italy’s 3 B’s –Barolo, Barbaresco & Brunello.
- Enjoy breakfast before departing for a day in the Garfagnana. Visit a local cheese producer before joining Andrea at Il Mulino (an old mill) for a “slow food” Tuscan tasting lunch.
- Return to Lucca for an afternoon fish themed cooking lesson.
- Aperitivi and fish supper.
- After breakfast depart for a Super Tuscan visit of Bolgheri with a wine tasting at one of the renowned vineyards. You can spend some time strolling around the village of Bolgheri, admire the Ornellaia vineyards and lunch at Da Guido on the Sassicaia estate.
- Return home via the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Short hands-on cooking lesson and preparation of dinner
- Farewell dinner at the villa
- Breakfast and transfers to your next destination
- This exclusive tour is limited to 8 people
- Land cost is $4250.00 per person double occupancy
- Single supplement in a double room for single use is $450.00
- Arrival and departure transfers to and from Pisa or Florence airports, Pisa, Florence or Lucca train station
- Six nights at the Palazzo in Lucca
- Luxury accommodation with private en-suite bath or shower
- Buffet breakfast included in the lovely breakfast room of the villa
- All hands-on cooking lessons
- All meals taken at the Palazzo
- All house wine, soft drinks and beverages at the villa
- Transport for all excursions
- All excursions accompanied by Chef Valter
- Organized wine tastings
- Organized lunches and dinners out in local restaurants with wine included
- Personalized Tuscan Chef gift bag with recipes for the week and an apron.
- Culinary certificate of attendance presented on final evening.
- All service charges and current government taxes
This fabulous tour is our most exclusive offering with only eight participants. And hands-on cooking classes with Chef Valter. Our diverse excursions are even more special because of having Chef Valter as our personal guide!
I invite you to call me with any questions that you may have (203.762.0768). I so look forward to sharing beautiful Tuscany with you.
This fabulous tour is limited to 8 participants. Sign up soon!